Gulf South Services Inc. has safety in it’s DNA. Gulf South was founded by Ryan Robichaux, whom in addition to having a degree in oilfield safety, worked as a safety professional in both the field, and front office settings prior to founding the company. His safety first perspective has, and always will be, the fundamental value in which Gulf South Services Inc. operates from top to bottom.
Since its founding in 2000, Gulf South Services has always placed an emphasis and commitment to the safety and well being of our employees. Providing a safe workplace isn’t only a legal necessity or good business practice, it’s a moral obligation.
We’ve focused our efforts on creating a safety culture that concentrates on identifying unsafe acts/conditions and eliminating them. Eliminate the cause and you eliminate the accident.
Senior management is committed to being the industry leader in accident prevention and to take a proactive, progressive role in the protection of our environment. Gulf South Services is committed to conducting its business in a ethical manner while protecting the health and safety of it’s employees, other persons affected by our activities and the protection of the environment. In achieving these objectives, we will be guided by the following basic principles:
- All accidents, occupational illnesses and environmental incidents are preventable.
- Compliance with applicable laws and governing regulations is a requirement.
- Working safely and protecting the environment are conditions of employment.
- Prevention of injuries, occupational illnesses and environmental incidents is good business.
In accordance with this policy, Gulf South Services will:
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations governing occupational health, safety and the environment affected by its activities.
- Provide a healthful, safe and environmentally secure workplace for employees and other persons affected by our activities. The management of Gulf South Services will take reasonable and necessary action to accomplish this and carry out this policy.
- Maintain an ongoing process of workplace hazard identification; take actions to eliminate or decrease the hazards and provide procedures, practices and personal protective equipment, as required, to provide a safe work atmosphere.
- Advise employees of their responsibilities to meet safety and environmental standards; make health and safety performance a key factor in individual performance appraisals.
- Provide employee training in healthful, safe practices and environmental protection.
- Motivate employees to take personal responsibility for their safety and the safety of their co-workers. No employee is required to work a job which they have reason to believe is not healthful, safe or environmentally sound.
- Manage safety like any other key aspect of our business, by establishing goals and objectives for continuous improvement, measure and report performance.
- Devote sufficient resources to ensure exceptional health, safety and environmental performance.
- Require all employees to comply with all health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Require employees to comply with applicable laws and governmental regulations relevant to their work.
- Require employees to report any health, safety and environmental hazards, accidents and near miss incidents to their supervisor or management immediately.
Through these actions and with full cooperation of all employees working as a team, we will strive to reach our objectives of being the industry leader in accident prevention and taking a progressive role in the protection of our environment